Bishop McCort Catholic High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu

Facilities

 
Bishop McCort High School
GPS Address: 25 Osborne Street, Johnstown, PA 15905

Bishop McCort High School, built in 1922, is an incorporated Catholic high school located in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, approximately 67 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Osborne St. Building
This wing of Bishop McCort High School was opened on September 8, 1922 with an enrollment of 128 freshmen. It has been recently been remodeled to accommodate modern technology and additional office space.

Irene St. Building
This wing, opened in 1961, contains newly remodeled science labs, computer labs, classrooms and administrative offices.
 
Bishop McCort High School Chapel
The Chapel is located in the center of campus and is the site for masses and prayer services. Many Bishop McCort and Johnstown Catholic classes hold special masses during their reunion weekend.
 


Bishop McCort High School Gymnasium
This 800 seat facility hosts boys’ and girls’ basketball games, girls’ volleyball matches and various practice sessions. Bishop McCort offers 20 boys’ and girls’ varsity sports programs including soccer, cheerleading, basketball, football, volleyball, baseball, softball, and hockey. The main gym was resurfaced in 2014. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wrestling Complex
The facility – which houses two regulation-size practice mats, locker room, shower and laundry facilities – was paid for by private donors, including Mr. Joel Bowser. It is only used for practices, with home meets being held in the high school gymnasium. The building was dedicated on Friday, November 18, 2016.

Gene Schultz Memorial Baseball & Football Locker Room
This area of the boys’ locker room was remodeled prior to the 2009-2010 school year and is named after Gene Schultz, a 1950 graduate of Johnstown Catholic High School and a long time teacher, coach and mentor for thousands of students.
 

 

Bach Wellness Center
GPS Address:
Located on the campus of Bishop McCort

The most recent addition to the school is the $3 million Bach Wellness Center. The 14,436-square-foot building includes a weight room, a fitness area, and an auxiliary gymnasium for the school's basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball and tennis teams. The center is named for Dr. Thomas and Eileen Bach, who donated $1.2 million to the project.

Kidsport Soccer Complex
GPS Address: 
235 Glessner Road, Johnstown, PA 15905

This recreation area is the home of Bishop McCort’s girls’ and boys’ soccer practices and selected matches.
 
Vo-Tech Field
GPS Address: Vo-Tech Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904

This recreation area is the home of Bishop McCort’s junior high soccer program.

Windber Country Club
GPS Address: 
1392 Forest Hills Dr, Salix, PA 15952

The home course of the Bishop McCort boys’ and girls’ golf teams.
 

 

Point Stadium
GPS Address: 
140 Johns Street, Johnstown, PA 15901

The original stadium was opened in 1926 and served as the home of Bishop McCort football. Prior to the 2006 season, the entire stadium was razed and was rebuilt. In 2007, Sportexe artificial turf was installed which enables the stadium to be used by the Bishop McCort baseball team and is also used for selected boys’ and girls’ soccer matches.
 
 
Roxbury Park
GPS Address: 
(100-199) Park Drive, Johnstown, PA 15905

This outstanding recreation area is located on 29.3 acres of land approximately one mile south of Bishop McCort High School. The facility is currently used for boys’ and girls’ tennis teams, girls softball, as well as football practices.

Park Features
    •    2 regulation baseball fields
    •    2 pony league/softball fields
    •    2 little league baseball fields
    •    8 lighted tennis courts
    •    2 lighted basketball courts
    •    2 lighted racquetball courts
    •    5 lighted volleyball courts
    •    1 lighted roller hockey court
    •    A walking path
    •    Integrated playground
    •    Picnic Pavilions
 

Cambria County War Memorial Arena
GPS Address: 
325 Napoleon Street, Johnstown, PA 15901

This building was constructed in 1950 and is the home of Bishop McCort hockey