In addition to our in-person learning, Bishop McCort continues to offer the option for Virtual Instruction. Students may choose the option for Virtual Instruction:
- if a student or family member tests positive for COVID-19
- if a student is quarantined due to an exposure to a person that tests positive for COVID-19
- if the health of the student or immediate family member is compromised
- if parents are uncomfortable with the in-classroom environment
While we hope to offer what is best for you and your child, it is imperative that our Virtual Policy is followed appropriately. The integrity of our academic instruction and attendance monitoring is dependent upon following our official procedures.
It is critical that we have an accurate accounting of students participating in virtual instruction. This policy will be strictly enforced. If a student is not signed up for virtual instruction, they will be considered absent.
If you are choosing Virtual Instruction at this time, please understand the following conditions:
- Your child will remain virtual for the remainder of the week.
- If your child does not attend ALL of his/her class periods (1 through 9), they will be marked absent for that day
- Students that choose virtual instruction when in-person instruction is offered are not eligible to participate in extracurricular activities
- Be sure your child is in a location in your house that is free of distractions and that all materials are nearby
- Be dressed appropriately (clothing should follow dress down rules, clean shaven, no piercings)
- Do not record the Zoom meeting or take pictures during the Zoom meeting
- Use the chat feature to ask questions
- Make sure you are respectful of the learning environment for yourself and others
- All classroom rules and student handbook rules apply to the virtual setting. Any violation of these rules breaks the BMCHS student code of conduct and will be handled appropriately.
We are asking students who are showing symptoms or have been exposed to someone who is showing symptoms of COVID-19 to utilize the virtual learning option. If someone that you have been in contact is experiencing symptoms and is waiting for COVID-19 test results, please utilize the virtual learning option until the test results come back.
The administrative team will continue to monitor the latest information on the pandemic on a daily basis. Please understand that we may need to revert to virtual instruction at any moment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Main Office at (814) 536-8991.
If your student is going to utilize the virtual instruction platform for the week of September 27-October 1, you must complete the Virtual Instruction Agreement Form below before 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 26.
Please complete the form below. Required fields marked with an asterisk *