Graduation Practice Details
Tuesday May 26, 2020 at Silver Drive-In
1664 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA, 15904
We will be meeting at the Silver Drive-In on Tuesday, May 26 for graduation practice. In the table below you will see your designated practice time. You must come when you are scheduled because we are practicing in the same order that you will park and in which you will be walking across the stage on actual graduation day. It is mandatory that all students attend graduation practice at your appointed time. We understand this may mean you have to call off work, and are requesting that you do so if necessary. We need all students to be fully aware of what is expected of them during the ceremony and there is no room to explain these things the day of. In order to run a smooth and seamless practice, we need to run through a few times together. You may not arrive at any time other than when you are scheduled.
Regulations for Practice
- When you arrive, you will drive down through the EXIT ramp. The entrance is gated shut. We will direct you to your parking spot. Do not get out of your car until told to do so.
- You will be required to wear a mask for the duration of practice. This is to be sure we are abiding by the state guidelines and to keep everyone safe. Please bring your own mask.
- Directives for practice will take approximately 40 minutes. In order to get everything done we need you to be attentive and pay close attention to all directions.
- We need to make sure we follow 6-feet social distancing guidelines, so please make sure you do this at all times while at practice. A good idea would be to stay beside your parked vehicle until we ask you to move for diploma practice.
- If you do not drive or do not have a car, please have a friend in your designated time bring you. You will be sharing the parking details with your parents when you get home. Your parents should not be attending the graduation practice.
- You will be asked to leave promptly when you practice time is over so we can begin working with the next group.
- Make sure you wear shoes you do not mind getting dirty.
Greetings to the soon-to-be McCort Graduating Class of 2020!
This is an important directive about the schedule for this Friday, May 22, 2020. Attached you will find the schedule of times for each senior to arrive at school. We have staggered the schedule in order to observe social distancing as well as gathering guidelines.
You will check the schedule to see when you are to come to the building to turn in your books, your school issued mini i-pad which needs to be swiped before it is yours, musical scripts and songbooks, and any other items which need to be returned.
You will enter the school via the front office entrance and you will wear a mask. Of course you will practice social distancing the entire time you are in the building. Please park in the adjacent McCort parking lots.
Since it will not be possible to take graduation portraits at the Silver Drive-In, we are going to do that on Friday at McCort. Every senior will be photographed in cap, gown, stoles and honor cords. All men should be clean shaven and hair as neat as possible. Males should wear their Bishop McCort uniform dress under their graduation garb--complete with a neatly tied tie and school shoes. Girls should wear appropriate, sensible attire under their graduation garb.
EVERYONE HAS TO BRING HIS/HER OWN GRADUATION GARB AND ACCOLADES!
Students who are receiving awards--just as if we would have had the Senior Awards Night--will take an extra picture in graduation dress holding the awards folders.
Upon completion of book turn-in and pictures, the student will receive a manila envelope containing THREE PARKING PASSES FOR GRADUATION---ONE FOR THE CAR WITH THE GRADUATE AND FAMILY MEMBERS AND TWO OTHER GRADUATION CAR PARKING PASSES.
NO CAR WILL BE ADMITTED TO GRADUATION WITHOUT A DESIGNATED PARKING PASS.
IF---your family will not be using your three parking passes, you are free to give your extra parking pass to another graduate, OR you may bring that extra pass with you to graduation practice on Tuesday, May 26th, and we will see who needs one. Students are encouraged to ask their friends if they believe they need an extra parking pass. There simply are no extras to be had in any other way.
EACH STUDENT WILL BE RECEIVING A DVD OF GRADUATION SO THAT SHOULD HELP SPREAD YOUR GREAT NEWS!
The time you will spend in school on Friday should be approximately 30 minutes, unless you will be recording material for graduation in the auditorium. Those students have been notified.
If you cannot make your appointment time on Friday to turn in your materials and be photographed, you must call the main office and re-schedule for a time at the end of the day.
We have mere days, and we have to get all of this done on Friday.
Thanks for planning accordingly.
If any AP Stats student needs to take his/her test at school because of timing, please bring your lap-top with you, and we will give you a room in which to test and have wifi.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT MEMO CONCERNING GRADUATION PRACTICE ON TUESDAY, MAY 26, 2020 AT THE SILVER DRIVE-IN IS IN YOUR MANILA ENVELOPE YOU WILL PICK UP ON FRIDAY!
The school is working on overdrive to provide our 2020 McCort class with the best and most unique send-off ever, so help us honor you!
Thomas A. Smith
Stephen B. Cotchen
Mary Clare Piatak
Senior Class Advisor