The application process begins in January of the year preceding desired enrollment. Applications are accepted and reviewed throughout the year. The following criteria is considered when reviewing an application for admission:
- Academic Record
- Standardized Test Scores
- Conduct History
- Applicant Interview
- Principal and teacher recommendations
To receive an application packet for Bishop McCort Catholic High School:
1.DOWNLOAD an application packet below.
Or if you are just looking for more information, you may submit an Online Inquiry Form
, phone the Admissions Office at (814) 536-8991, or visit us during school hours.The Application Process
1) After visiting McCort and/or attending an Open House, an applicant must make formal application to Bishop McCort Catholic High School. Applications can be downloaded from the website or requested by phone.
2) The interested applicant must submit the official Bishop McCort Catholic High School (BMCHS) enrollment application to the Admissions Office with a non-refundable $50 registration fee.
The fee will be applied to the applicant’s comprehensive fee upon acceptance to BMCHS.
3) An acknowledgment will be sent to each applicant verify receipt of their application.
4) Applicants that have not been met personally with an admissions representative will be contacted to schedule an interview*.
5) Upon successful completion of the interview, academic and disciplinary records from the applicant’s sending school will be requested from the Admission Office for official school review.
6) After the receipt and review of the applicant academic and disciplinary records, an official letter of acceptance will be forwarded to the applicant.*Students enrolled at a Diocesan Catholic School will not need to interview with a McCort representative provided he/she receives his/her principal’s recommendation for admission to BMCHS.The Complete Application
The official McCort application for admission consists of a number of documents. All documents must be completed and returned to the Admissions Office for an application to be processed.
- Application & Registration Form
- Music Questionnaire
- Athletics Questionnaire
- Internet Policy Acceptance
- Dress Code
- Service Hours Requirements
- Discipline Policy
- Student Pledge
- Cell Phone and Email Registration
- Memorandum of Understanding *
*The Memoradnum of Understanding is only required for students who are members of a Catholic parish in the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown. Non-Catholic students do not need to complete this form.